Deep Purple - Re-Machined
A TRIBUTE TO DEEP PURPLE'S MACHINE HEAD
Eagle Records are delighted to announce the release of the “Re-Machined – A Tribute To Deep Purple’s Machine Head” album on 1 October 2012. 2012 sees the 40th anniversary of the release of this landmark album and in recognition of the influence of the band, and that of “Machine Head” in particular, some of rock music’s biggest names have each contributed a version of their favourite track on the album to create “Re-Machined – A Tribute To Deep Purple’s Machine Head”.
“Re-Machined” features specially recorded tracks from Jimmy Barnes & Joe Bonamassa, Black Label Society, Chickenfoot, former Deep Purple Mk III member Glenn Hughes with Chad Smith of Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Iron Maiden, the “supergroup” Kings Of Chaos (featuring Joe Elliott, Steve Stevens, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum), Metallica, Carlos Santana & Jacoby Shaddix and Steve Vai.
There are two wildly differing versions of the album’s most famous track “Smoke On The Water”, one from guitar hero Carlos Santana with vocals by Jacoby Shaddix and one from alternative rockers Flaming Lips, and Metallica have contributed their own special take on “When A Blind Man Cries”, a track recorded at the “Machine Head” sessions but originally released as the B-side to “Never Before”.
1) Smoke On The Water – Carlos Santana & Jacoby Shaddix
2) Highway Star – Chickenfoot
3) Maybe I’m A Leo – Glenn Hughes & Chad Smith
4) Pictures Of Home – Black Label Society
5) Never Before – Kings Of Chaos (Joe Elliott, Steve Stevens, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum)
6) Smoke On The Water – The Flaming Lips
7) Lazy – Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
8) Space Truckin’ – Iron Maiden
9) When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
10) Highway Star – Glenn Hughes / Steve Vai / Chad Smith
Initially released as a limited edition Classic Rock “fanpack” on 3 September 2012, this is a truly unique release that will appeal to rock fans everywhere.